Sunday, March 15, 2009

Hope everybody is doing okay! With a facebook page, a blog, 3 e-mail accounts, and text messaging, we are just barely keeping up with everything! :)

We are all fine! There was an incredible shuttle launch this evening, just as the sun was setting and within a few minutes, it was several thousand miles down range.


Momma and I are signed up to attend a 'Tea Party' in Orlando next week; a mass protest over higher taxation. This is similar to the Boston Tea Party, staged by the early colonists to protest the high taxes the British levied. Apparently, these are happening all over the country and we want to stand up and be counted. We won't go down without a fight!


When we were at the Temple a few weeks ago, I had the chance to work with a group of kids from one of the wards on the coast. It was one of those evenings when everything seemed to be organized chaos. After a while, things started to settle down and the baptismal work got underway. In the midst of all this, one of my jobs was to collect the name slips after the baptisms had been performed and take them upstairs to be recorded. As I walked over to the font, I heard the name 'Charlie One-Feather'. I picked up the name slip and saw that 'Charlie One-Feather' lived in the 1870's and was member of Sioux Nation in South Dakota. It reminded all of us there that "God is mindful of every people, whatsoever land they may be in; yea, he numbereth his people, and his bowels of mercy are over all the earth" (Alma 26:37) If he knows Charlie One-Feather, and saw to it that his temple work is done, then he knows all of us, too. It also taught me that as chaotic as our own lives seem to be sometimes, things will settle down the more we turn to our Heavenly Father for direction and answers.
We live in some interesting times, but there are many reasons to be happy and to help out other people. If we stay focused and keep our wits about us(a little humor never hurts either...), we'll be fine and there will be no reason to panic like the rest of the country is doing.
Enough of wearing my 'bishop's hat'...

We love you all!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Awesome post it's always nice to catch up with you guys. Hey maybe you'll be in Ohio this summer?!? We sure miss you, I have about a week break before I start summer classes so I have Kelli and Lindsey helping me "spring clean" they love me:). Keep posting so we can keep up with you.